Pac-12: Bill Wacholz
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.
- A sad story: Former Arizona offensive lineman Bill Wacholz died in his sleep last week.
- Arizona State has received a commitment from a top JC receiver.
- California's Sandy Barbour has been named one of four regional Under Armour Athletic Directors of the Year by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA).
- Buy your Oregon tickets ... now!
- More from a recent Oregon State quarterback commitment.
- Considering San Jose State's decision to back out of a game at Stanford in favor of a visit to Alabama.
- Two UCLA transfers have found their destinations, but the Bruins also picked up a commitment with big-time USC ties. By the way, UCLA's game at Tennessee on Sept. 12 will kickoff at 1 p.m. (PDT) -- and will be televised by ESPN (game wasn't listed on Pac-10 TV schedule that was released yesterday).
- Tracking Washington's scholarship players.
- Why did Ryan Leaf fail so completely?
- And speaking of busts, whatever happened to Akili Smith?
- Some interesting Pac-10 recruiting notes here.
3:30 PM ET 13 Arizona State 11 Arizona 3:30 PM ET Stanford 8 UCLA