Pac-12: Bobby Hauck
September, 7, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
He was smiling. That's right! You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Oh, Luke. He was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker.
- Arizona wide receiver Juron Criner didn't practice again Tuesday, so who's next if he can't go? More here on that.
- Arizona State's depth on both lines just got better.
- There's plenty of crossover from California and Colorado's coaching staffs. Notes from Berkeley.
- Coach Jon Embree doesn't believe Colorado fought hard at California last year. Seats are still available in Boulder for the Cal-Colorado showdown.
- Oregon running back LaMichael James looked tentative against LSU because he wasn't being himself. Neat story about Oregon assistant Scott Frost making a difference as a mentor. Some X's and O's from the LSU-Oregon game.
- Oregon State's quarterback situation is a bit of a muddle, which is pretty surprising. The lone good news out of the Sacramento State defense -- running back Malcolm Agnew -- is now doubtful for the visit to Wisconsin.
- Offensive guard David DeCastro doesn't mince words about Stanford's run blocking against San Jose State, but the new center played well.
- Defensive tackle Brandon Willis talks about his second go-around at UCLA. Some practice notes.
- Running back Marc Tyler's return means it's crowded in USC's backfield.
- Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn's plan is to let loose and throw the ball at USC. The secret for Wynn is more confidence.
- Washington has plenty of Hawaiian presence. Tough talk from Steve Sarkisian is a message to his players.
- Washington State coach Paul Wulff and UNLV coach Bobby Hauck both came from the Big Sky Conference. Wulff talks life after Jeff Tuel and UNLV.
January, 8, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
If Florida whips Oklahoma tonight, as most expect, how many of you will be annoyed that the best team in college football will be watching the game in Hollywood?
- More on the unique -- and uncomfortable -- staff changes going on at Oregon.
- Still not clear if Montana coach Bobby Hauck is a candidate to become UCLA's defensive coordinator.
- Transferring USC receiver Vidal Hazelton has limited options. Is this good news for Trojans fans hoping Mark Sanchez will return for his senior seasons?
- How will the Pac-10 finish in the final polls? Four teams should make the Top 25. The question is, how many No. 1 votes does USC get and does Oregon slip into the top 10?
1:00 PM ET Washington Colorado 4:30 PM ET USC Washington State 7:30 PM ET Stanford 5 Oregon 10:30 PM ET California Oregon State 10:30 PM ET 12 Arizona 22 UCLA 11:00 PM ET 17 Utah 14 Arizona State