Pac-12: helmet stickers 102812
October, 28, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
Week 9 was oh-so-fine for helmet stickers. Plenty of great performances to choose from.
- Marqise Lee, WR, USC: Lee broke the Pac-12 record with 345 yards receiving on 16 catches. He scored two touchdowns and had a 72-yard kickoff return that set up a late Trojans score.
- Matt Scott, QB, Arizona: The Wildcats QB passed for 369 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 100 yards and a score. He also played through a number of big hits from Trojans defenders.
- Marquis Flowers, LB, Arizona: Flowers created three USC turnovers -- a forced fumble and two interceptions -- and recorded seven tackles.
- Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA: Carried the ball 26 times for 164 yards (6.3 average) with two rushing touchdowns in the win over Arizona State. When a big play was needed, Franklin delivered.
- De'Anthony Thomas, RB/WR, Oregon: Wow. I mean, seriously. Wow. His five carries for 97 yards (that would be a 19.4 average for those without calculators) and a touchdown were nice. But the punt return. I mean, wow.
- Ka'imi Fairbairn, K, UCLA: Clutch. Oh, so very clutch. The true freshman nailed a 33-yard field goal as time expired to lift the Bruins over the Sun Devils in Tempe.
- Sean Parker, S, Washington: The Huskies won with defense (that still feels weird to write) and Parker was everywhere for the Huskies in their upset over Oregon State. He had one of Washington’s four picks, broke up three passes and was a physical presence throughout the game.
- Reggie Dunn, KR, Utah: What’s better than a 100-yard kickoff return? Two of them. The first was Utah’s first score of the game after the Bears took a 3-0 lead. The second came in the fourth quarter when the Utes were already ahead 42-13.
12:30 1st Qtr 19 USC 0 9 UCLA 0 10:30 PM ET Oregon State Washington
- Pac-12 Network
Final Washington State 31 13 Arizona State 52 Final 15 Arizona 42 17 Utah 10 Final Stanford 38 California 17 Final Colorado 10 2 Oregon 44