Pac-12: helmet stickers 112512
November, 25, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
Upsets aplenty in the final week of the regular season.
- Andrew Furney, K, Washington State: The kicker was absolutely nails in the Apple Cup, converting all three of his field goal attempts, including a 45-yard game-tying field goal late in the fourth and the game-winner in overtime. He also hit a 21-yard kick to open the scoring in the Cougars' 31-28 win.
- Reggie Dunn, KR, Utah: Utes’ coach Kyle Whittingham said what we were all thinking after Utah’s 42-35 win over Colorado: “I can’t believe they kicked to him.” Dunn did it again -- returning a kickoff 100 yards for the fourth time this season. It proved to be decisive points.
- Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State: When the Wildcats turned the ball over, it was Grice who made them pay, rushing for three touchdowns (all off of turnovers) and 156 yards on 18 carries (8.7 average) during Arizona State's 41-34 win.
- Brandon Magee, LB, Arizona State: A few different defensive players from ASU could get the nod, but Magee was on fire, notching 17 total tackles (14 solo) plus a game-high three tackles for a loss.
- Chase Thomas, LB, Stanford: He tallied two sacks and two tackles for a loss in Stanford’s 35-17 win over UCLA -- which locked up the Pac-12 North for the Cardinal and set up a rematch with the Bruins next week in the conference championship game.
- Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford: For the eighth time this year he provided the Cardinal with a plus-100-yard rushing performance, tallying 142 yards on 20 carries (7.1 average) and two touchdowns.
- De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon: For just the second time this year, Thomas crossed the 100-yard rushing mark, totaling 122 yards on 17 carries (7.2 average) with three touchdowns in the Ducks' 48-24 win over Oregon State.
- Oregon’s back seven: They tallied four interceptions, broke up four passes and kept the dangerous Oregon State receiving tandem of Markus Wheaton and Brandin Cooks out of the end zone.
3:00 PM ET Colorado Massachusetts 3:00 PM ET Fresno State Utah 3:00 PM ET Sacramento State California 3:05 PM ET Eastern Washington Washington 3:30 PM ET 14 USC 13 Stanford 6:30 PM ET 7 Michigan State 3 Oregon 7:00 PM ET 17 Arizona State New Mexico 10:00 PM ET Memphis 11 UCLA 10:30 PM ET Oregon State Hawaii