Pac-12: Oklahoma Sonners
October, 14, 2009
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
The Sporting News asked 43 NFL players which college coach they’d most like to play for -- other than the one they did.
USC's Pete Carroll was No. 1 with 12 votes. Three other Pac-10 coaches got one vote.
Here are the results, provided by the magazine.
- 12 votes: Pete Carroll (USC)
- 8 votes: Urban Meyer (Florida)
- 3 votes: Mike Leach (Texas Tech), Randy Shannon (Miami)
- 2 votes: Frank Beamer (Virginia Tech), Lane Kiffin (Tennessee), Joe Paterno (Penn State), Nick Saban (Alabama), Steve Spurrier (South Carolina)
- 1 vote: Bobby Bowden (Florida State), Dennis Erickson (Arizona State), Chip Kelly (Oregon), Ken Niumatalolo (Navy), Bob Stoops (Oklahoma), Jeff Tedford (California), Ron Zook (Illinois)
Broncos CB Champ Bailey: “I don’t like coaches that are uptight all the time.”
Vikings DE Jared Allen: “I keep it on the West Coast because I’m a West Coast-type of guy. That’d be pretty cool. He seems like he has fun. It seems like he really enjoys coaching, and his players enjoy playing for him, with practical jokes and stuff like that. It seems like our personalities would mesh well together.”
Bills FS Donte Whitner: “It seems like the guys that come under him are ready to play in the National Football League. He runs everything. He gives his guys a lot of freedom, just as pro coaches do, so when you make that transition to the next level you are prepared and you know what to do with the free time that you have. [Ohio State’s Jim] Tressel is the same way.”
BACK TO TOP