Fandom celebrates Fenway Park's 100th
April, 20, 2012
By Steve Etheridge | Special to ESPN.com
Philip Dauria/ESPN.comFandom imagines a festive 100th birthday celebration for Boston's storied Fenway Park.It’s Fenway Park’s 100th birthday and Fandom is throwing a party! We’re still finalizing the guest list, but here are some things that partygoers can expect from the festivities:
- Piñatas modeled after Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone and filled with clam chowder instead of candy will please young and old alike.
- Red Sox relievers will demonstrate that they can actually throw strikes, again and again, at the Bobby Valentine dunk tank.
- Kevin Youkilis will reveal that his physical and emotional absence in games is a result of all the hard work he’s been putting into making a very pretty layer cake with “Happy 100th Fennway [sic]” written in icing.
- Guests will bring plenty of gifts, including “Fever Pitch” on Blu-Ray and a leather-bound volume of death threats sent to Bill Buckner.
- Bobby Jenks will commit multiple hit-and-runs on the refreshments table.
- A small side celebration will be held for the stragglers who are just now finishing the Boston Marathon.
- Lester and Beckett will sneak sips from a flask filled with fried chicken smoothie.
- The Green Monster and the Marlins' home run sculpture will be spotted getting a little smoochy at the end of the night.
Bain News ServiceHere's Fenway Park as it appeared a century ago.