Thursday, February 14, 2013
Uni Watch says: Redesign the Dolphins!
By Paul Lukas
With the NFL draft taking place in a little more than two months, several teams are expected to unveil new logos and uniforms. One of them is the Miami Dolphins, who have confirmed they will have a new logo. It might be this design, although at least one published report has indicated that it will be something else.
The Miami Dolphins will unveil a new logo before next season.
Think you can do better? Want to revamp Miami's entire uniform system, not just its logo? Our recent contest to redesign the Browns was a big success, so let's do it again, this time with the Dolphins.
The rules are as follows:
• Your entry must include a primary logo, a dark-jersey uniform and a white-jersey uniform. (If you like, you can also include secondary logos and one alternate uniform, but those aren't required.)
• Your designs can be created in any digital or analog medium (Illustrator, Photoshop, crayon, whatever) and can be submitted in any standard digital format (JPG, PDF, tiff, etc.).
• Please include your name and email address somewhere on the image file, like this. Also, your file names should include your full name (example: Paul Lukas.jpg). If you're submitting multiple files, please either number them (Paul Lukas1.jpg, Paul Lukas2.jpg, etc.) or use some other designation (Paul Lukas-home.jpg, Paul Lukas-road.jpg, etc.).
• Email your entry here. If you have more than one concept, feel free to enter as many times as you like.
• Deadline: 7 p.m. ET, Feb. 22.
The winning entries will be showcased in a future Uni Watch column and also will be forwarded to the Dolphins for their consideration. Get crackin'!