Tracking NCAA football on StubHub, eBay
September, 21, 2012
By Katie Linendoll | ESPN.com
Rick Osentoski/US PresswireDenard Robinson and the Wolverines are trending high on StubHub.As an enterprising nerd, I just can’t get enough data in my life. Thanks to sites like the StubHub Top 25, which tracks and ranks page views of college football teams, and eBay, I have regular access to enough factoids that, frankly, it amazes me I get any actual work done.
Here’s what caught my eye this week:
TEAMS TO WATCH
Here are the most-searched teams, according to the StubHub Top 25:
• Michigan: 276,838 views
• Ohio State: 262,667
• Florida State: 234,871
• Georgia: 204,548
• South Carolina: 188,972
StubHub reports a wide range of ticket prices in the sports arena. Here’s a look at the high and low ends of last week:
• Most expensive ticket sold: Alabama at Arkansas: $1,500 (lower level sideline)
• Cheapest ticket sold: Charleston Southern at Illinois: 75 cents (Horseshoe 110)
eBay TOP BIDS
Over at Watch with eBay, sports fans are haggling like Brian Cashman and a top free agent. Let’s have a look:
• Most expensive item: A set of 65 Oregon State University yearbooks from 1908 to 1965.
Price: $5,500 (as of publication)
• Top NCAA FB fan apparel: An Arizona State Sun Devils jersey, No. 12 and an Illinois Illini jersey, No. 7
• Fun fact: Using Watch with eBay, fans clicked on this 1950 Rice Inst vs. Baylor College Football NCAA Whole Ticket during the Baylor game.
What kinds of data do you follow when it comes to your team? As always, I’d love to hear your input.
Tweet me @katielinendoll!