Monday, April 15, 2013
'NHL 14' trailer, details released
By Jon Robinson
"NHL 14" boasts technology borrowed from some of EA Sports' biggest franchises, leveraging the "Fight Night" engine for all-new third-person fighting, as well as collision physics adapted from the "FIFA" series' Player Impact Engine.
EA Sports released the game's full feature list earlier today. Here is what you can expect from the upcoming game (Sept. 10; PlayStation 3, Xbox 360):
• NHL Collision Physics: Developed from the same core technology that powers EA Sports "FIFA’s" critically acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.
• Enforcer Engine: Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed "Fight Night" franchise, "NHL 14" will bring a new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight. All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA Sports NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.
• True Performance Skating: Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA Sports NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.
• One-Touch Dekes: Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
• Live the Life: The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.
• HUT & EASHL Online Seasons: "NHL 14" adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team and EA Sports Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
Create the greatest fantasy team in sports with Hockey Ultimate Team. In a hockey world without career lengths or a salary cap, acquire and assemble top players from around the world, then take on friends or skilled opponents from a massive online community.