Helio Castroneves is ready for vacation

October, 10, 2012
10/10/12
2:00
PM ET


It has been six weeks since IndyCar driver Helio Castroneves has been to his home in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., so forgive his enthusiasm about getting kicked off Tuesday's "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars."

"I'm getting ready to go on vacation! That is always good for the mind. My body is OK. But my mind needs to recover," said Castroneves, the third contestant and first athlete kicked off the dance-elimination show. "And my vacation will be sleeping in my own bed."

Last week, Castroneves and partner Chelsie Hightower were in the bottom two and survived, so Castroneves knew the end was near. The results are based on combining judges' scores with the public's votes, and Castroneves was voted off, along with singer Drew Lachey.

Castroneves, who won Season 5, said he feels worse for Hightower. She has been on seven seasons and hasn't finished higher than fourth (Ty Murray, Season 8).

"Chelsie is 23 years old and she had a real opportunity this season. That's who I feel bad for," Castroneves said. "Dancers need this for their paycheck. I hoped we could have gone further."

Castroneves said he has no regrets returning to the show. Now he'll spend time this fall with sponsors and get ready for the 2013 IndyCar season.

"I had a great time again. It was awesome for the racing series and to get my name back out there," he said. "I see no negative to being on the show. Things happen for a reason."

SPONSORED HEADLINES

Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment

Already have an account?