Saturday, May 11, 2013
Athletes give thanks to their moms
By Bill Speros
Several athletes are taking to Facebook to offer their moms some special thanks. The photos and messages will be posted Sunday but are provided here courtesy of Facebook. Among the athletes paying tribute to their moms will be:
• Ryan Roberts of the Tampa Bay Rays (pictured with his mom Catherine and sister Elisa): Thank you Mom for being such a great Christian role model for me. Without your guidance and prayers I wouldn't be the man I am today. Thank you for showing me what it means to persevere and overcome! Love ya!
• Drew Gooden of Milwaukee Bucks: Momma was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness.
• NFL twins Devin and Jason McCourty: Jason: There's no greater feeling than watching the woman you love grow into the best mom in the world! Mom, you are my disciplinary, my provider, my role model, but more importantly, MY BEST FRIEND!
Devin: My mom is my protector, listener, leader, and friend. The bottom line? My mom is better than yours! LOL. Happy Mother's Day Mom; and to all the Mothers out there!
• Anthony Bass of the San Diego Padres: Thank you for making me the man I am today. You have been there for me my entire life and I want you to know that I am extremely thankful. To many more Mother's Days together. I love you Mom.
• Brittney Griner of the WNBA’s Phoenix Mercury: I love you to the angles and back! You are an amazing mother and an amazing woman! You have supported me in so many different ways I can't list them all. I know I'm growing up and you want me to stay your baby but don't worry because I will always be you lil girl! Love you mommy! - From your lady bug!”
• Skylar Diggins of the WNBA’s Tulsa Shock: Mom, thanks so much for being a strong, intelligent, classy woman that I can look up to. I love you so much! Happy Mother's Day!
• Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks: To my mother, to your mother, To all the mothers out there I wanna wish a safe and Happy Mother's Day!