SAN DIEGO -- Good morning. If the playoffs were to start today, the San Diego Chargers would be the last AFC Wild Card team. As the sixth seed, San Diego would travel to No. 3 seed New England in the opening round of the AFC playoffs. That should serve as motivation for players during the bye week to get some rest and stay focused on the task at hand.
• ESPN’s John Clayton notes defenses are putting up big points this season. There have been 30 interception returns for a touchdown (the second-highest total through seven weeks since the merger), 14 fumble recoveries for scores and 10 safeties.
• Michael Renner of Pro Football Focus takes a look back at the Chargers-Jaguars matchup.
• Former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson talks with Darren Smith of The Mighty 1090 AM radio here in San Diego about his former team’s two-game winning streak in this audio link.
• Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego writes that San Diego is looking to recharge during the bye week, and remain in the AFC playoff hunt.
• Tom Krasovic of U-T San Diego offers his take on San Diego’s dominating performance over Jacksonville.
• Ricky Henne of Chargers.com gives us five things he learned from the Chargers win.