In this ESPN Insider piece, Gordon McGuinness of Pro Football Focus ranked every offense in the NFL, including every position group on that side of the ball.
The San Diego Chargers were ranked the No. 8 offense in the league, according to his grading system. The article used Pro Football Focus’ grading system as a starting point.
According to that system, San Diego has the sixth-ranked quarterback group in the NFL, followed by receivers (No. 7), running backs (11) and offensive line (19).
I believe the Chargers have one of the best offensive lines in the league, and that ranking should be higher based on the performance of Philip Rivers and the running game last season.
• Former Chargers team doctor David Chao, writing for the National Football Post, says that Achilles tears are approaching the same frequency as ACL tears in the NFL.
• Jordan Beane of Chargers.com talks with offensive coordinator Frank Reich about how San Diego’s offense performed in the first preseason game in this video.
• Tom Krasovic of U-T San Diego writes that the play of the receivers was the highlight of Monday’s practice.
• Kyle Posey of Bolts from the Blue reviews the play of San Diego’s defense against Dallas.
• Chargers general manager Tom Telesco talks with Darren Smith of The Mighty 1090 AM radio in this audio link.