<
>

Three O-line starters still out for Chargers

10/2/2013

SAN DIEGO -- For another week, the San Diego Chargers likely will have to patch things together along the offensive line.

Three starting offensive linemen missed Wednesday’s practice after not playing in last week’s game against Dallas. They include left tackle King Dunlap (concussion), left guard Chad Rinehart (toe) and right guard Jeromey Clary (clavicle), along with reserve guard Rich Ohrnberger (groin).

Joining those four in not practicing was backup cornerback Johnny Patrick (chest). Center Nick Hardwick (not injury related) and cornerback Shareece Wright (hamstring) were limited participants.

Cornerback Derek Cox (knee) and linebacker Manti Te'o (foot) were full participants.

San Diego coach Mike McCoy said the decision to place Dwight Freeney and Malcolm Floyd on the season-ending reserve list was a tough one for the organization, but the right decision for everyone involved.

“It’s the unfortunate part of the business,” McCoy said. “Two valuable players on our football team, two good leaders. I think the great thing about those two players is the way they’ve practice and what they’ve done since we’ve all been together. They’re great examples to the younger players on how we want to do things here.”