- Bill Williamson, ESPN Oakland Raiders reporter
- 0 Shares
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers' program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward. The ranking considerations are based on 2013 production, future projections, age, and contract status:
51. Defensive lineman Quinton Dial: The fifth-round pick from Alabama basically sat and watched in 2013. But the team is very high on him. He has big potential. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a huge move up this list next year.
52. Cornerback Eric Wright: The 49ers had high hopes for Wright when he signed in August. But he didn’t play as much as expected when he was activated in the second half of the season. He finished the season on the inactive list. He likely won’t be a priority in free agency.
54. Tight end Garrett Celek: He was the No. 3 tight end for much of the season. He needs to further develop as a receiver and as a blocker. He will fight for job again in training camp.
55. Wide receiver Mario Manningham: The oft-injured receiver was severely hampered by injuries in 2013. When healthy, Manningham is capable, but it’s likely the 49ers will look to get younger and better at receiver before thinking about re-signing Manningham.
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers' program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward.