- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers' program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward. The ranking considerations are based on 2013 production, future projections, age and contract status:
41. Darryl Morris: The undrafted rookie was a nice surprise for the 49ers. He became a big part of the special teams, and the 49ers like him as a cornerback moving forward. He should only get better.
42. Bubba Ventrone: First-year 49er was a huge part of the special teams and a big reason why the unit improved so much. A keeper.
43. Kassim Osgood: Similar to Ventrone. But he is 33 compared to Ventrone's 31. Osgood is a free agent, but I wouldn't be shocked if he is back.
44. Perrish Cox: The cornerback bounced on and off the roster but did help the 49ers in their two playoff wins. He is restricted free agent who likely won't be tendered. I can see the 49ers bringing him back.
45. Kevin McDermott: The rookie long snapper did a great job. His battle with veteran Brian Jennings was a summer-long storyline. But once the season started McDermott became a non-story because he did exactly what you want from your snapper -- he was flawless. He looks to have a nice career ahead of him.