- Bill Williamson, ESPN Oakland Raiders reporter
- 0 Shares
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers' program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward. The ranking considerations are based on 2013 production, future projections, age, and contract status:
31. Cornerback Carlos Rogers: Rogers was a valuable player. But he is going to be 33 and he has a high price. The 49ers did OK without him for two games in the playoffs. He is good, but I can see them moving on.
32. Running back Kendall Hunter: Hunter is a solid backup and good special teams player. He is a good player to have around, because he always seems ready to contribute when called upon.
33. Special teamer C.J. Spillman: One of the best special teamers in the NFL. Helps at the goal line too on defense. A big part of the team.
34. Defensive tackle Ian Williams: He was coming along well when a leg injury at Seattle in Week 2 ended his season. He is expected to be healthy and he should be a big part of the rotation again.
35. Center Jonathan Goodwin: Goodwin was important and he could be vital again. But he is 35 and a free agent. The 49ers might want to get younger at the position.
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers' program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward.