- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers’ program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward. The ranking considerations are based on 2013 production, future projections, age, and contract status:
21. Cornerback Tarell Brown: He is a solid cornerback who has helped this team. He is a free agent who is expected to test the market, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the 49ers brought him back.
22. Punter Andy Lee: He is one of the best, most reliable punters in NFL history. A vital part of the 49ers’ defensive attack.
23. Kicker Phil Dawson: He had a brilliant first year with the 49ers. He saved many games. He is a free agent. The 49ers want him back and I expect him to return.
24. Tight end Vance McDonald: The rookie made strides as the season went on. He finished the season a fine blocker. He needs to work on his receiving game, but I expect him to be a big part of the offense moving forward.
25. Defensive lineman Tank Carradine: This is all projection. The second-round pick didn’t play because he was recovering from a torn ACL. But I expect him to get a chance to be in the rotation immediately.