Wednesday, February 5, 2014
49ers rankings: 46-50
By Bill Williamson
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers' program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward. The ranking considerations are based on 2013 production, future projections, age, and contract status:
46. Linebacker Nick Moody: The rookie was hurt and inactive most of the season but the 49ers have high hopes for him. He will get a chance to play on special teams in 2014.
47. Safety Craig Dahl: He’s one of those players good teams have on their roster. Reliable insurance on defense and a solid special teamer. I could see the team keeping him in 2014.
48. Defensive line Demarcus Dobbs: He is a restricted free agent, who likely will not be tendered. The 49erds are young and deep at the defensive line, so it’s no sure thing Dobbs will be brought back.
49. Guard Joe Looney: He was forced to play against St. Louis on Dec. 1 because of injuries. His coaches and teammates raved about him. He has a chance to be really good as he further develops.
50. Fullback Will Tukuafu: The 294-pound converted defensive lineman impressed the team when he played fullback late in the season because of Bruce Miller's injury. I could see Tukuafu getting a chance to stick around. He gives the offense options.