Tuesday, February 11, 2014
49ers rankings: 26-30
By Bill Williamson
We are taking a look at the top 60 players in the San Francisco 49ers’ program and will rank them from 1-60. We are going to take a look in a 12-part series, moving upward. The ranking considerations are based on 2013 production, future projections, age, and contract status:
26. Cornerback Chris Culliver: He is expected to be healthy after missing all of 2013 with a torn ACL. He is a solid player who should be the nickel cornerback.
27. Linebacker Michael Wilhoite: Wilhoite is an important part of the program. He has ability and he has shown it. He will probably be a starter at the beginning of the season if NaVorro Bowman has to miss some time due to his torn ACL he suffered in the NFC title game.
28. Running back Marcus Lattimore: This is one of the more interesting players on the team. The fourth-round pick missed the 2103 season with a torn ACL. The team loves Lattimore and has high hopes. There is a chance he shares carries with Frank Gore.
29. Defensive lineman Tony Jerod-Eddie: One of the true finds of the 2013 season. He played a lot more than expected and helped keep the starters fresh. The future is bright.
30. Wide receiver Quinton Patton: The 49ers love his potential. He made some big plays down the stretch. I can see him becoming a big part of the offense very soon.