- Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
ESPN draft experts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay executed a live draft Thursday night. The two analysts rotated picks. The rules of the mock were that they picked the players they would take in each spot, not necessarily the player they think the teams will take. As part of an Insider piece, the two experts also mocked the second and third rounds.
Let’s take a look at their choices for the 49ers:
1. 30. Kiper's pick: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
2. 56. Kiper's pick: Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
2. 61. McShay's pick: Daquan Jones, DT, Penn State
3. 77. McShay's pick: Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
3. 94. Kiper's pick: John Brown, WR, Pittsburgh State
3.100. Kiper's pick: Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
My thoughts: This is not a bad draft. Kiper and McShay pegged some nice players for the 49ers. The Barr pick is interesting. The NFL Nation reporters are going to have a mock draft next Tuesday. I have Barr on my list, but I will be looking at cornerback and receiver first. In this draft, Florida State receiver Kelvin Benjamin was still on the board when the 49ers were up. I’d probably take him over Barr. I like the Desir and Roberson picks at cornerback. I also like the Richardson and Brown picks. I’m not sure how many of these players are ready to help (the 49ers need immediate help at cornerback), but there is good projected talent here.