Lunchtime links: Alabama's best offense ever?
April, 14, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
A check of what's making headlines in the SEC:
- This could be Alabama's best offense ever, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Jonathan Evans has moved into a starting role, as Auburn tweaks its linebacker corps heading into the spring game.
- The spring game was "just a little taste" for Florida freshman safety Matt Elam, who went back and forth during the recruiting process.
- Kentucky's Chandler Burden is starting over after making the switch from defensive tackle to offensive tackle.
- Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox has put on more than 40 pounds since arriving on campus and is now pushing 300 pounds heading into his sophomore season.
- Columnist David Climer of The Tennessean weighs in on Tennessee coach Derek Dooley's decision to charge members of the media a $50 coaching clinic fee to be able to watch last Saturday's scrimmage.
- Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long said the Hogs won't be changing their schedule next season to give Alabama any relief on the number of teams facing the Crimson Tide coming off byes.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec