Lunchtime links: Is Spurrier too negative?
April, 15, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier needs to change his heavy-handed approach with quarterback Stephen Garcia, writes Ron Morris of The State newspaper.
- Think twice about comparing Mississippi State's James Carmon to Terrence Cody, writes Kyle Veazey of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Tennessee freshman receiver Matt Milton has the look of an immediate impact player, writes Wes Rucker of The Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- The development of Kentucky's receivers this spring may hold the key to the Wildcats improving their passing game, writes Chip Cosby of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Jay G. Tate of The Montgomery Advertiser runs down Auburn's scrimmage from Wednesday.
- As Alabama points toward its A-Day spring game on Saturday, Chase Goodbread of The Tuscaloosa News writes that scrimmage stats don't equal game performance.
- Arkansas' defense responds with one of its best practices of the spring on Wednesday, writes Brandon Marcello of The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.