Lunchtime links: Reaves called out for dirty tactics
December, 10, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
We browse the headlines from around the SEC:
- Former South Carolina running back Duce Staley accuses former South Carolina assistant and current Tennessee assistant David Reaves of dirty recruiting tactics on the radio airwaves, and Reaves calls in to defend himself. Sounds like the rivalry between South Carolina and Tennessee could be heating up.
- Columnist Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News writes that the biggest task for the new coach at Auburn is being able to stand up to Nick Saban.
- Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is making a strong showing in the Heisman Trophy polls.
- Wesley Carroll, who started this season as Mississippi State's quarterback, has been granted a release and plans to transfer.
- Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt has turned his focus to making sure his players close in the classroom as well as they did on the field this season.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec