SEC lunch links: Spurrier's assistants get raises
May, 5, 2010
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Greetings from the West Coast. Enjoy your lunch. I may need more coffee.
- Alabama is looking at some neutral site scheduling options, though a game with Georgia Tech has been postponed. Nick Saban chats with the Birmingham News during the Crimson Caravan.
- Auburn, like many of us, is seeking long-term success.
- Is anyone going to bust up -- to steal a phrase from Chris Low -- the Florida-Alabama duopoly?
- Former Georgia quarterback Zach Mettenberger might return to Athens -- only in another uniform to stand on the opposite sideline. This is an odd -- and perhaps ill-timed -- mixture of politics and college football.
- Undrafted Kentucky players are picking their NFL teams.
- LSU has suspended center T-Bob Hebert after his arrest for drunken driving early Saturday morning. Redshirt freshman defensive end Sam Montgomery is already winning awards.
- Life is good for this former Ole Miss Rebel.
- South Carolina hands out raises for assistant coaches.
- My old buddy Ron Higgins writes that Tennessee coach Derek Dooley has some concerns, a lack of playmakers and a lack of experience being chief among them. Maybe this commitment will help.
- A media hero! Photographer saves a former Vanderbilt coach (this is two-days old, but it's hard to pass up anything positive about the media).