Lunchtime links: Stricklin takes over at MSU
May, 10, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- Kyle Veazey of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger has an in-depth piece on new Mississippi State athletic director Scott Stricklin, who takes over for Greg Byrne.
- Soaring coaching salaries are another reason that a playoff in college football is a pipe dream, writes Ron Morris of The State newspaper.
- A victory over Georgia State has the potential to embarrass Alabama, writes Randy Kennedy of The Mobile Press-Register.
- Arkansas cornerback David Gordon, who played some last season as a true freshman, plans to transfer.
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips is adjusting to not being out on the road during the spring recruiting period.
- The recruiting focus of Tennessee coach Derek Dooley is to shape a class for the long term, writes Dave Hooker of The Knoxville News-Sentinel.