Lunchtime links: Beal leaving Gators
May, 17, 2010
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Making the rounds on a Monday in the SEC:
- Florida reserve linebacker Brandon Beal, a high school All-American who struggled with injuries, has been granted his release and plans to transfer to another school.
- South Carolina incoming freshman offensive lineman A.J. Cann carries the memory of his mother with him, writes Joseph Person of The State newspaper.
- Kentucky's Joker Phillips and Louisville's Charlie Strong wage a friendly battle for Louisville's recruiting turf.
- Lane Kiffin tells HBO's Real Sports that his move from Tennessee to Southern California after just one season in Knoxville was simply "part of the business."
- Jeff Demps turns in a 10.06 in the 100 meters to help the Gators run away with the SEC men's outdoor track and field championship.
- Conference expansion could be a real doozy, writes Perryn Keys of The Baton Rouge Advocate.