Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Now that we've established that Alabama is the SEC's most hated team, let's take a look at the hate meter from top to bottom in the conference:
1. Alabama: Tide fans cling to the past with an obsessive desperation. Hate to break it to you, but Bear Bryant and all his brilliance ain't coming back.
2. Tennessee: If you can get past the neon orange, then there's that dreadful song, the one about a moonshine still. The whole world's against the Vols, too. Just ask their fans.
3. Florida: The halftime pass-outs to do shots at the old Purple Porpoise are no longer, but you'd never know it given the vile nature of Gator fans on Saturdays at The Swamp.
4. LSU: When you win two national titles in five years, everybody's jealous. When you do it at LSU, an already rabid group of fans becomes downright unbearable.
5. Georgia: The bald guy barking with a bulldog painted on the top of his head is bad enough. That's not to mention Larry Munson's irritating voice and the infatuation with Uga.
6. Ole Miss: For a program that hasn't sniffed an SEC championship in more than 40 years, there's a distinct sense of snootiness any time you take a stroll through The Grove.
7. South Carolina: You've got to wonder about any team with a chicken as its mascot and a group of delusional fans that insist every season that this really is their year.
8. Auburn: What's with the rolling of Toomer's Corner? Obviously, there's not much else to do on The Plains. That is, outside of beating Alabama every year.
9. Kentucky: The Wildcats are ranked a little higher than they probably should be in this dubious poll simply because their basketball fans are so obnoxious.
10. Arkansas: Let's just hope we never have to hear Bobby Petrino calling the Hogs again. But, really, is Arkansas even in the SEC, or is it the Southwest Conference?
11. Mississippi State: Outside of those annoying cowbells clanging and the fact that it's so hard to get to Starkville, what is there really to hate about the Bulldogs?
12. Vanderbilt: The Commodores haven't won enough for anybody to hate them. Too bad ACT scores and graduation rates don't count on the scoreboard.