SEC lunchtime links
June, 22, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Here's what's happening around the SEC ...
- Nick Saban's newest assistant at Alabama isn't afraid to speak his mind, Don Kausler Jr. writes in The Birmingham News. More from Saban's revealing interview with The Sporting News.
- Linebacker recruit Ryan Shazier just needed to set foot on Florida's campus to say yes to the Gators, Chris Hays writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- Peyton Manning likes what he's hearing from new Tennessee head coach Derek Dooley, Dave Hooker writes in The Knoxville News Sentinel. Dooley is taking charge for UT, Athlon Sports' Michael Bradley writes.
- A look at Georgia's defensive line in 2010 from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Tim Tucker. Sanford Stadium looks like a beach right now, but don't worry about it, Lee Shearer writes in the Athens Banner-Herald.
- LSU has a few holes to fill entering a pivotal season for Les Miles, Andrew Gribble writes in the Opelika-Auburn News.
- Auburn's innovative offense makes the Tigers a lot of fun to watch, Brian Cook writes in The Sporting Blog.
- Mississippi State comes in at No. 73 nationally on Pre-Snap Read's FBS countdown, as Paul Myerberg takes a look at the Bulldogs.
- A change of scenery certainly paid off for Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett, Matt Murschel writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
12:00 PM ET Eastern Kentucky Florida 12:00 PM ET Charleston Southern 10 Georgia 12:00 PM ET South Alabama South Carolina 3:30 PM ET 8 Ole Miss Arkansas 4:00 PM ET Western Carolina 1 Alabama 7:00 PM ET Samford 14 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 20 Missouri Tennessee 7:30 PM ET Vanderbilt 4 Mississippi State