Linking the Gators: Pouncey twins inspired
January, 7, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- We'll change up our links a little bit give you a smorgasbord of what the Florida newspapers are writing about the Gators on the eve of the FedEx BCS National Championship Game:
- Jeremy Fowler of The Orlando Sentinel writes that the Gators' Pouncey twins have been inspired by their stepdad's tragic accident at work that took more than half of his right leg.
- Robbie Andreu of The Gainesville Sun takes a look at what made the Gators' offense go this season.
- Michael DiRocco of The Florida Times-Union breaks down the four key ingredients to Urban Meyer's stunning success in his first four seasons with the Gators.
- David Jones of Florida Today writes that linebacker Brandon Spikes' thoughts rarely drift too far from his imprisoned brother, who will be allowed to watch the game Thursday in the break room of the North Carolina prison where he's serving a life sentence.
- Columnist Edwin Pope of The Miami Herald gives a slight coaching edge to Florida's Urban Meyer over Oklahoma's Bob Stoops.
- Antonya English of The St. Petersburg Times writes that the bright lights and big stages were made for players like Percy Harvin.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec