Lunchtime links: Smart glad he stayed
August, 9, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- Wooed by Georgia to return to his alma mater, Kirby Smart couldn't be happier with his decision to stay at Alabama.
- Jeremiah Masoli shows uncertainty, flashes of talent in his first practice at Ole Miss.
- From a talent and discipline standpoint, South Carolina's Steve Spurrier thinks the Gamecocks are more equipped to make that proverbial next step.
- Junior receiver Deonte Thompson is catching on with the Gators.
- Auburn freshman defensive end Craig Sanders makes the weight room his second home, bulking up to 250 pounds and earning the nickname "The Animal."
- Kentucky hopes to see senior defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin at his best this season.
- Georgia freshman outside linebacker Dexter Morant returns to the team after quitting last week.
- First-year Vanderbilt coach Robbie Caldwell can't afford to play it safe, writes David Climer of The Tennessean.
- A showdown with Michigan at the Dallas Cowboys' stadium is one of the possibilities being discussed for the Crimson Tide in 2012.
- Emmitt Smith apologizes for forgetting to mention his alma mater, Florida, during his Pro Football Hall of Fame speech.
12:00 PM ET Troy 13 Georgia 3:30 PM ET 6 Texas A&M SMU 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 7:00 PM ET Northern Illinois Arkansas 7:00 PM ET Mississippi State 8 LSU 7:30 PM ET 14 South Carolina Vanderbilt