Lunchtime links: Powell's expectations
August, 12, 2010
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Some of what's making headlines in the SEC:
- The expectations for Florida freshman defensive end Ronald Powell are monstrous, but not any higher than the expectations he has for himself.
- South Carolina senior offensive tackle Jarriel King concludes a long journey that has him on track for graduation in December and a shot at the NFL.
- Has it really been 30 years since "Belue to Scott?" A new book looks back on what The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Tony Barnhart says is the single most significant play in Georgia history.
- The NCAA has talked to Lacey Pearl Earps, who was the captain of Tennessee's Orange Pride recruiting hostesses.
- LSU junior quarterback Jarrett Lee is determined to stick it out and see how it plays out.
- Auburn linebacker Eltoro Freeman had a protective boot on his right foot after apparently suffering an injury in Wednesday's scrimmage.
- Alabama gets a commitment from quarterback Phillip Ely of Tampa, Fla. Ely is the Crimson Tide's 17th verbal commitment.
- Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt is still pondering where to play junior college newcomer Randall Mackey, who's been concentrating at quarterback thus far in preseason camp.