Lunchtime links: Porter lands at Kentucky
August, 17, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- Defensive tackle signee Elliott Porter lands at Kentucky and will be eligible to play this season after declining LSU's request to grayshirt.
- Mississippi State's LaDarius Perkins is showing that he can be a key part of the Bulldogs' backfield this season with his ability to make things happen in the open field.
- Despite a shaky scrimmage last weekend, South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier remains hopeful about his offensive line.
- Florida commitment Ja'Juan Story faces battery charges after being arrested Sunday night. He said he was trying to break up a fight involving several women.
- Florida's Chris Rainey and Brandon Hicks return to practice for the Gators.
- Buffalo is likely to replace North Carolina on Tennessee's 2011 schedule.
- Former Florida signee John Brown is one of two signees at Tennessee that didn't make it academically, further hurting the Vols' depth at defensive tackle.
- Injuries are putting a dent in Jordan Rodgers' chances of winning the Vanderbilt starting quarterback job.
- Auburn will take an extended look at freshman running back Michael Dyer in Tuesday's scrimmage.