Lunchtime links: Murray's time to shine
August, 23, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- The Murrays, the newest royal family of Georgia football, are believers, writes Steve Hummer of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Defensive lineman Chris Mayes of Griffin, Ga., becomes Georgia's 16th verbal commitment for the 2011 class. ESPN rates the 6-5, 300-pound Mayes as the No. 23 defensive tackle prospect in the country.
- Depth problems aren't going away for Tennessee and first-year coach Derek Dooley.
- Alabama's Chance Warmack follows Mike Johnson's model at left guard.
- Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora backs off his bold prediction that the Golden Eagles are going to beat South Carolina, writes Travis Haney of The Charleston Post and Courier.
- Ole Miss should benefit from a soft schedule, writes Rick Cleveland of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger.
- Florida's Will Hill is ready to step into a starting role in the Gators' secondary.
- Kentucky freshman cornerback Jerrell Priester has big goals and may end up playing a big role for the Wildcats this season.
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky