Lunchtime links: Richardson to return kicks
August, 26, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
A check of what's making headlines around the SEC:
- Alabama's Trent Richardson looks like he will get a chance to return kickoffs this season for the Crimson Tide.
- Kentucky lands a commitment from offensive tackle Zach West of Lexington, Ky. West picked the Wildcats over Penn State and Tennessee and becomes Kentucky's 18th verbal commitment for the 2011 class. He's rated by ESPN as the No. 17 offensive tackle prospect in the country.
- Safety Jashaud Sims of Dickinson, Texas gives his verbal commitment to Arkansas. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Sims becomes the Hogs' 17th commitment for the 2011 class.
- Florida picks up a commitment from defensive back Valdez Showers of Madison Heights, Mich., the Gators' 15th commitment for the 2011 class. Showers is rated by ESPN as the No. 44 athlete in the country.
- Despite an injury to his hamstring, Kenny Miles remains in the hunt for South Carolina's starting running back job.
- Vanderbilt is looking to raise its sack total in 2010 after falling off last season.
- After missing three weeks with a hand injury, Auburn receiver DeAngelo Benton returns to practice.
- Phillip Marshall of AuburnUndercover.com takes a look at where everybody in the 2010 signing class stands heading into the season.
- Tennessee coach Derek Dooley says the Vols have 26 things to clean up following Wednesday night's mock game at Neyland Stadium.
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28