Lunchtime links: Saban wants more talent
August, 27, 2010
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
It's the Friday version of lunchtime links in the SEC:
- Don't tell Alabama coach Nick Saban that the Crimson Tide have been stockpiling talent. He said the Crimson Tide have room for "lots more."
- South Carolina officials hope to reach a resolution with the NCAA on the Whitney Hotel situation prior to next Thursday's opener against Southern Miss, but some players may face game suspensions.
- Florida will be without offensive linemen Xavier Nixon and Matt Patchan in the season opener, and the Gators are looking for ways to shuffle their starting lineup.
- Recurring soreness in his left knee has slowed Auburn receiver Trovon Reed this preseason, but he's still expected to play in the opener.
- Randy Rosetta of The Baton Rouge Advocate lists his five keys for success this season for LSU.
- Kentucky is looking for more depth at receiver. Several younger players will have to step up for the Wildcats this season.
- Mark Bradley of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Auburn has moved to the top of the list in the SEC when it comes to having the most obnoxious fans. He ranks Tennessee 12th purely as a sympathy vote.
- ESPN analyst Lee Corso predicts Florida will face Nebraska this season in the BCS National Championship Game.
- Tennessee's Marsalis Teague has taken to his shift from offense to defense this preseason and has looked like a "natural" at cornerback.