SEC lunch links
October, 29, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
It's the Friday version of the SEC lunch links:
- Despite the records and the fact that neither team is ranked, the Florida-Georgia rivalry still matters this season in the East race.
- Ole Miss' Jeremiah Masoli isn't thnking how his play this weekend could help Oregon in the bigger picture. He's just looking for a win.
- Alabama joins LSU in offering a scholarship to former Georgia quarterback Zach Mettenberger, who was dismissed by Mark Richt back in spring following an alcohol-related arrest. Mettenberger reportedly pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor sexual battery.
- J.C. Brignone's return from his knee injury helps pump some life back into Mississippi State.
- Tennessee's defenders set their sights on South Carolina freshman running back Marcus Lattimore.
- Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio says the Gators' morale is high and they're as hungry as ever.
- Arkansas defensive tackle DeQuinta Jones is supended and will sit out the Vanderbilt game, while receiver Joe Adams will miss the game with an ankle injury.
- Auburn's Nick Fairley goes from hard times to football glory.
- Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News wonders if Auburn would be No. 1 if Houston Nutt were the Tigers' coach.
- Kentucky sophomore linebacker Ridge Wilson gets his shot as a starter.
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38