Lunchtime links: LSU's Woods eyes big season
April, 14, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Checking in on the happenings around the SEC camps this spring:
- LSU's Al Woods has slimmed down and hopes to be a force at defensive tackle next season.
- Paul Finebaum, a columnist for The Mobile Press-Register and popular radio personality in the state, predicts Alabama to finish 11-1 next season. The only loss? To Ole Miss.
- Columnist Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News writes that the relationship between Auburn running backs coach Curtis Luper and his pastor could pay big dividends for the Tigers with top running back prospect Lache Seastrunk.
- South Carolina receiver Dion LeCorn is out for up to two months with a broken leg, but should be back in time for preseason practice.
- The defense leads the way in Kentucky's first scrimmage of the spring.
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41