Posted by ESPN.com's Brian Bennett
• Tony Barnhart lists five new assistant coaches who will have an impact this season.
• So Auburn is driving recruits around in a limo? If the kids like it, go with it, Kevin Scarbinsky says in the Birmingham News.
• Alabama officials say it's a pure coincidence that the Crimson Caravan is rolling into Memphis this year when the city is a 2010 recruiting hotbed. Either way, Nick Saban isn't complaining, Ian Rapoport writes in the Birmingham News.
• Georgia coach Mark Richt scrapped plans to attend the high school graduation of a recruit after the NCAA informed the Bulldogs that it likely wouldn't be permissible, Michael Carvell says in the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
• Ole Miss signee Jamar Hornsby will have a hearing today on his arrest for aggravated assault and petty larceny, and the outcome of the defensive back's case will determine whether Houston Nutt honors his scholarship, David Brandt reports in the Jackson Clarion Ledger.
• It's never to early to look ahead to the 2010 NFL draft. Joseph Schiefelbein breaks down some of LSU's top pro prospects in the Baton Rouge Advocate.
• Steve Spurrier and Sterling Sharpe defended their Chick-fil-A Bowl golf tournament title, and then the head ball coach talked a little Gamecocks football, Bob Gillespie writes in The State.