SEC lunch links
December, 16, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
We're exactly two weeks away from the first bowl game involving an SEC team. Here's a check of what's shaking around the league:
- A "Georgia man" takes over at Florida, writes Gentry Estes of Dawgs247.
- Travis Haney of The Charleston Post and Courier takes a look at five objectives for South Carolina in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
- The elementary school where Cam Newton has been volunteering received his $200 appearance fee for being on David Letterman's show.
- Florida might be coming off a disappointing 7-5 season, but the Gators are nonetheless raising ticket prices by $5 per game next year.
- Ole Miss signed four junior college players, including a pair of defensive backs. All four will enroll in January and be able to go through spring practice.
- Alabama's Greg McElroy, James Carpenter and Preston Dial accepted invitations to play in the Senior Bowl.
- Auburn's Gene Chizik and Arkansas' Bobby Petrino are among the nine finalists for the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award, which is presented to the nation's top coach following the completion of the bowl games.
- Auburn assistant coach Trooper Taylor sued his son's school over a coach's policy not to allow his players to wear their hair in braids.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec