Lunchtime links: Gamecocks get two players back
May, 22, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- Defensive tackle Ladi Ajiboye and cornerback C.C. Whitlock have been reinstated to the team, South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier says.
- South Carolina running back signee Ben Axon is facing a charge of marijuana possession with intent to sell.
- Auburn is tapping into its family tree for the 2010 recruiting class. The sons of former players Alex Dudchock and Alex Beasley have been offered scholarships, as well as the nephew of former running back James Owens.
- Georgia's athletic board is buzzing about the site of the Florida-Georgia game, writes Tim Tucker of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Georgia coach Mark Richt isn't a big fan of the game being played in Jacksonville every year.
- Tennessee pulls the trigger on junior college linebacker Bruce Irving, and Irving takes the Vols up on their scholarship offer by committing to them.
4:20 4th Qtr Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 4:32 2nd Qtr 14 Wisconsin 17 13 LSU 7 Delayed Idaho Florida Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7