My favorite stadiums in the SEC
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
Jeremy Hillman of SouthernPigskin.com has ranked the SEC stadiums using his own formula.
I agree with him that Florida's Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is the toughest place to play for an opponent. The noise in the Swamp is deafening, and the heat is even worse.
But if I were ranking my 12 stadiums in terms of the places I most look forward to attending a football game in the fall, my order would differ a bit.
Here's my top 12:
1. LSU: There's no other experience in college football quite like a Saturday night in Tiger Stadium.
2. Alabama: You still get to hear Bear Bryant's voice on the JumboTron just before the Tide come racing onto the field at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
3. Tennessee: Neyland Stadium is getting a facelift on the banks of the Tennessee River.
4. Georgia: What a setting for a football game. Sanford Stadium has it all.
5. Florida: Take your earplugs. No stadium holds noise like the Swamp.
6. South Carolina: One of the most underrated game-day experiences in college football. Gotta love the Cockabooses.
7. Ole Miss: The Grove won't be the only attraction this season. The Rebels will start the season ranked in the top 10, which will only make the Grove that much more festive.
8. Auburn: Watching the eagle come soaring in and make his landing just prior to the game never gets old.
9. Arkansas: Razorback Stadium is getting new synthetic turf for this coming season.
10. Mississippi State: Hope you like the sound of clanging cowbells.
11. Vanderbilt: Part of Vanderbilt's commitment to Bobby Johnson was to spruce up the stadium, particularly how it looks outside.
12. Kentucky: Come November, Commonwealth Stadium can turn bitterly cold.
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky