Some of what's making headlines around the SEC:
- Tennessee safety Brent Brewer is suspended from team activities by coach Derek Dooley following his arrest on domestic assault charges.
- Top prospect Jadeveon Clowney decides to stay home and play for South Carolina.
- Jeff Schultz of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wonders if the SEC East belong to South Carolina in 2011 now that Clowney has signed with the Gamecocks.
- Auburn's $16 million practice facility is on schedule to be completed in time for the start of preseason practice in August.
- Will Muschamp is working through the nights on a new culture at Florida.
- Rick Cleveland of The Jackson Clarion-Ledger takes a look at whether the wishbone would work in today's SEC.
- Former Clemson offensive coordinator Billy Napier joins Alabama's staff as an offensive quality control assistant.
- The draft stock of former Kentucky star Randall Cobb is on the rise.