Lunchtime links: Vanderbilt's Smith eyes starting job
July, 21, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A few links for you on this eve of the SEC media days:
- Larry Smith sets his sights on the Vanderbilt starting quarterback job, but it will be a battle this preseason with veteran Mackenzi Adams.
- Georgia's recruiting is reaching new heights, writes ESPN.com's JC Shurburtt. The Bulldogs are on their way to having perhaps the highest rated class in the SEC.
- Former Florida State offensive lineman Aubrey Phillips is headed to Auburn after being "mistreated and cussed for no reason every day" during his time in Tallahassee.
- With a record number of nearly 900 credentials issued for the SEC media days, Jay Greeson of The Chattanooga Times Free Press writes that it's just another indication that the SEC stirs the drink in college football.
- Columnist and talk show personality Paul Finebaum wonders if Georgia's Mark Richt is about to position himself on the hot seat.