Nothing like a little SEC linkage on a Friday:
- Poison filled the air in the state of Alabama before it hit the ground at Toomer's Corner, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- The court-appointed lawyer for Harvey Updyke, the accused tree poisoner, moves to withdraw as counsel, citing a conflict of interest.
- LSU is looking for a new special-teams coach with Joe Robinson departing for North Carolina.
- New Mississippi State co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Geoff Collins likes his first look at the Bulldogs' defense.
- Georgia confirms the hire of Kirk Olivadotti as the Bulldogs' new inside linebackers coach.
- Hospitalized Florida linebacker Neiron Ball is set to move out of ICU on Friday.
- Tennessee defensive end Ben Martin undergoes surgery to repair his right Achilles tendon.