Making the rounds in the SEC:
- Weather forced Mississippi State to start spring practice today instead of Friday.
- Lorenzo Mauldin, the defensive end from Atlanta who was committed to South Carolina but didn't sign because the Gamecocks ran out of room, says he's seriously considering a Louisville offer.
- NCAA president Mark Emmert, the former chancellor at LSU, says he would be willing to help set up a playoff for college football.
- The attorney representing accused tree poisoner Harvey Updyke wants a speedy preliminary hearing.
- Former Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley is one of four finalists to be the cover boy for EA Sports' "NCAA Football 12" video game. Former Alabama running back Mark Ingram is also a finalist.
- Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow has a plan if there is a lockout in the NFL.
- Former Alabama receiver Julio Jones is set for surgery on Saturday to repair a stress fracture in his foot.