SEC lunch links
March, 10, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Making the rounds in the SEC:
- Georgia reports five NCAA violations stemming from Ray Drew's announcement that he was signing with the Bulldogs. On hand to speak were former Georgia stars David Pollack and Randall Godfrey.
- Alabama offensive tackle Aaron Douglas, who started his career at Tennessee, gets probation in his DUI case.
- Former Alabama running back Mark Ingram improves on his NFL combine time in the 40-yard dash at Alabama's pro day.
- Former Tennessee player Brent Vinson says he needs football.
- Ole Miss quarterback Randall Mackey says his speech problem is not related to any football injuries.
- Mississippi State's assistant coaches all received raises. Chris Wilson, promoted to defensive coordinator, got the largest raise, going from $240,000 to $300,000.
- Florida's first spring practice under Will Muschamp will be closed to the media and the public.
- Kentucky goes through its pro day with 26 NFL teams on hand.