Lunchtime links: LSU up to 21 commitments
July, 30, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A stroll around the SEC to see what's making headlines:
- LSU scores a commitment from dual-threat quarterback Spencer Ware of Cincinnati. Ware projects as a running back in college. The Tigers now have 21 commitments.
- Columnist Ray Melick of The Birmingham News writes that Alabama hopes Florida State's case will help the Crimson Tide's appeal.
- Georgia's Mark Richt risks landing in the doghouse with the Bulldogs' demanding schedule this season, writes Seth Emerson of The State newspaper.
- Kentucky and Western Kentucky agree to a four-year series beginning in 2010. Two of the games will be played at Nashville's LP Field.
- Former Mississippi State cornerback Anthony Johnson plans to line up for Jackson State this season, but says he won't be allowed to play in the opener against his old team.
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky