Lunchtime links: Smith follows in dad's footsteps
August, 14, 2009
By Chris Low | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low
A few SEC links for your lunch hour consumption:
- Arkansas' Michael Smith is following in his father's footsteps. Back in the 1980s, Michael Smith Sr. was dubbed "Mr. Excitement" at Florida A&M.
- Chris Todd moves in as Auburn's starting quarterback, and Kodi Burns moves to receiver.
- Former Auburn offensive coordinator Tony Franklin couldn't be prouder of Todd's reslience, writes Tony Barnhart of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Challenged by Lane Kiffin and the new Tennessee staff, senior center Josh McNeil has finally bought into the program.
- There's another twist in the legal saga of Ole Miss freshman Tig Barksdale. The woman who accused him of stealing her car was convicted of false reporting of a crime.
- It looks like Vanderbilt will have its own version of the Wildcat package this season. The Commodores used it several times during Thursday's scrimmage, and a couple of the freshman running backs made big plays.
- LSU coach Les Miles is considering closing his practices completely to the media because of all the injury information that's getting out.
- Despite three surgeries, linebacker Brandon Thurmond is determined to see it through at Kentucky.