A Monday stroll around the SEC:
- The coaches may get the attention in the SEC, but the presidents rule the roost, writes Tommy Hicks of The Mobile Press-Register.
- SEC football coaches are dealt a rare loss, writes John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has managed to get under the skin of Auburn fans again, writes Kevin Scarbinsky of The Birmingham News.
- Tennessee can expect sliding scales of justice in its hearing before the NCAA Committee on Infractions.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt says dismissing Zach Mettenberger was tough.
- Shame on Nick Saban for comparing Jim Tressel to a fallen soldier, writes Mike Bianchi of The Orlando Sentinel.